West End Elementary Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow
WE (West End), in cooperation with our community, will educate and mentor each child by creating a safe, stimulating, and challenging educational environment in order to provide a foundation that will empower students to reach their greatest potential and become independent, responsible, and contributing members of society.
WE STRIVE for Excellence
S: Student-centered curriculumthat is active, challenging, rigorous, and engaging for ALL students and prepares them for a successful future
T: Technology-rich opportunitiesthat provide students with real-world experiences, skills, and knowledge
R: Respectful environmentwhere positive character traits are exhibited, everyone is valued and all are treated with dignity, kindness, and fairness
I: Independent learnerswho set goals and plan for a successful future
V: Vibrant learning communitywhere students feel safe, comfortable, and eager to take initiative and responsibility for their own learning
E: Effective use of data that drives instruction and yields academic EXCELLENCE
What We Believe
· Children are our first priority.
· All children can reach their potential.
· All children have a right to learn in a safe, caring environment.
· Learning is a life-long process.
· All children can learn and be responsible.
· Diversity promotes understanding and acceptance of others.
· Children, parents, and teachers are partners in education.