History

History

West End School was established as a separate unit of the Easley Public Schools in 1922. In 1929 the wooden building was replaced with a two-story brick structure which was used until the present school, located at the intersection of Highways 8 and 135, opened in the fall of 1985. A new wing was added in 2004.
Principals of the school include Mr. J.H. Barker, Miss Bonnie Babb, Miss Mertie Cannon, Miss Eva Van Landingham, Mrs. Elizabeth Henderson, Mr. Mike Mahaffey, Dr. Douglas Limbaugh, Dr. Henry Hunt, Mrs. Katherine Holcombe and the present principal, Mrs.Angie Rodgers.
West End School is organized for the purpose of educating children. The staff strives to provide a school program meaningful for all who attend and flexible enough to allow for the uniqueness of each student's ability and interests.